Thursday, January 4, 2007

Welcome to the Crescent Heights Alumni Webpage

Crescent Heights Blvd. Elementary School, 1931




The class of summer 1956 wishes to welcome all alumni to our Crescent Heights Blvd. Elementary School webpage.

Crescent Heights Blvd. Elementary School, located at 1661 So. Crescent Heights Blvd in Los Angeles, CA, is part of the Los Angeles Unified School District. The original classroom building was built in 1926 and, after earthquake damage, our classroom building was demolished in the mid-1970s.

Below are scans of miscellaneous PTA-sponsored open house programs from the 1960 and 1970s. Also included is a copy of the article announcing the retirement of James H. Finis, school custodian (See OUR CUSTODIAN section on this site).

One such open house was attended by 17 of our classmates. Were you among them?





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glenn,

Thanks so much for posting this webpage about the class of 56. I was in the class of 62. I can still smell the finger paint and the cafeteria turkey served with gravy and mashed potatoes..ymm. during the holidays. I remember Mrs. Watts coming to school and wearing a housecoat and curlers in her hair and demanding that we drink honey and lemon in water preaching that this would be good for our health. I remember Mrs. Guild, teaching us handwriting and manners...we sat boy girl, boy girl and the boys had to pull the chairs out for the girl next to him. Halloween carnival where I won goldfish and a parakeet, Dance festival at the end of the year, playing tetherball with Mr. Fines, We had a nurse, Ms. Fox and she wore a nurse's uniform. I remember getting a polio vaccine with a ginormous needle. Vivid memories. One thing I thought about was that many of our parents with either children of the holocaust or were immigrants taht fled Russian anti semetism, but I never had a friend that even talked about it.

Unknown said...

This is my wife's profile...my name is Mark Balkan